Today I am sharing a tweak to reduce your Google analytic bounce rate upto 70% but before using this trick I want to share some simple techniques to improve your bounce rate. Before you follow the steps first know about bounce rate.
What is Bounce Rate?
There are lots of webmasters and blogger who are still don’t know about bounce rate but let me tell you about bounce rate. Bounce Rate means the percentage of visitors who just open your blog or website and closes it without opening other pages of website/blog and in Google’s words it’s called % of single page session of your website.
The criteria for bounce rate calculation according to me when a visitor open your website and close it within 10 seconds. Visitors leave your website or blog means they didn’t like your post or didn’t get the correct solution of their questions.
If your website or blog bounce rate is low then it’s good for you but if your website have high bounce rate means more than 50% is not good for your website but don’t worry I have a tweak and some simple methods to reduce bounce rate.
[symple_box color=”green” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
Recommended Reading: How to Index website content page or post Faster on Google in 2 second?
First of all follow below simple steps to reduce bounce rate
2) Avoid Popups: Don’t put popups in your website or blog. It is annoying users to surf your website and they don’t like it. If you want to earn then join there are lots of AdSense platforms.
3) Clean & Responsive website theme: use clean and responsive website theme which help to attract your visitors to say on your website for long time.
4) Write short paragraphs: try to write your blog in short paragraphs because sometime users don’t want to read a long paragraph and leave your website. Here I am not saying to write short blog remember it.
5) Internal linking: well internal linking is a good way to encourage your visitors to read another stuff. Make 2 to 3 internal links in your blog post and don’t put more internal links in your post because Google don’t like this and also users.
6) Relevant content: always write relevant content account to your blog and which type of information you provide.
7) Search Box: Enable a search box option in your blog for user to search more content.
8) Add related posts widgets: add related posts widget in your blog because related posts encourage your visitors to read more stuff from your website.
9) Add popular post widget: Add popular post widget in your blog which is also encouraging your visitors to read more stuff from your website.
10) Font and color: make your content more attractive and clean readable content, remember clean content attract your reader to read your blog.
Try below Tweak to reduce your website bounce Rate
Your Google Analytic Code look like the below code
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-XXXXXXXX-1’, ‘iftiseo.com’);
Replace your analytic code with below code
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
setTimeout(“_gaq.push([‘_trackEvent’, ’15_seconds’, ‘read’])”,10000);
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
Recommended Reading: Top 10 SEO Competitor Analysis tools: Spy the competition online
finally i have a prove of this code because i try the above code in my website and the result was amazing my website bounce rate was 60% before now it’s 7% approx you can check below screenshot. you should try this tweak on your blog or website to improve your bounce rate.